Thorough education for how to live a healthy and long life with T1D is hard to find. That's why Dr. Jody, a healthy and vibrant type 1 for over 35 years, created this life-changing program for you...so you can live a healthy and happy life with T1D.
Dr. Jody's T1D Academy Library of life-changing training videos and handouts, created in collaboration with esteemed author of 'Think like a Pancreas,' Gary Scheiner. (* topics listed below.)
Private T1D Academy Member Forum which is a private Facebook group, full of motivated and healthy-minded T1Ds to connect and interact with.
Facebook LIVE Group Q&A Sessions lead by Dr. Jody giving you an opportunity to have your questions answered and hear other popular and common concerns from others just like you.
Inspirational Newsletters including videos, with the latest breakthroughs and new ideas on how to have a vibrant and healthy life with T1D.
- The Benefits of Managing Diabetes Well
- Pros & Cons of Pump Therapy versus MDI (shots)
- How to Determine Accurate Basal Rates on a pump
- How to Determine Accurate Long-Acting Dose
- When & How to Use Temporary Basal Rates
- Why Carb Counting is Not Sufficient for Accurate Mealtime Dosing
- How to Calculate your Insulin to carb ratio (I:C)
- How to Determine your Correction Factor
- What is Insulin on Board (IOB)?
- How to Exercise Without Going Low
- Why Exercise Can Make Blood Sugar go UP
- How to Make Mealtime Adjustments for Exercise
- What is The Dawn Phenomenon?
- What is Diabetic Ketoacidosis (DKA)?
- The Many Causes of Highs & Lows
- How to Treat Low Blood Sugars
- Recommended Periodic Exams
- How to Preserve Beta Cells in Newly Diagnosed
- What is The Hemoglobin A1c Test?
- Sick Day Management
- How to Administer glucagon
- Dr. Jody’s Favorite Recipes
- Toolkit for Staying Positive
- Why you are a H.E.R.O.