The 5 Essentials for Thriving with Type 1 Diabetes™ online course, created by Dr. Jody Stanislaw and Gary Scheiner, MS, CDE, is not a replacement for guidance and care from your local medical provider. The purpose of this course is to supplement (not replace) the services normally provided by your physician/medical providers.
As a participant, you are advised to use your best judgment and consult the physician/medical providers who prescribe your medications prior to implementing any of our recommendations.
Diabetes is a complex condition that may result in acute and chronic complications. Recognizing that blood glucose regulation is a very inexact science, Dr. Jody Stanislaw and Gary Scheiner cannot be held responsible for any health problems that may arise as a result of our recommendations. You hereby agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Dr. Jody Stanislaw and Gary Scheiner from any and all damages, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) which you may incur in connection with our recommendations. In addition, the undersigned will not hold Dr. Jody Stanislaw or Gary Scheiner accountable for the performance of devices used in the course of diabetes management, including but not limited to blood glucose meters, insulin pumps and related software.
Payment for the course is either due in full upfront, or in monthly payments. Monthly payments include a small surcharge in addition to the course price. Payment plan payments are due every 30 days after the initial purchase date until the full cost of the course plus surcharge has been paid. If the participant's credit card is not valid through the entire payment plan period, it is the participant's responsibility to update their credit card information with the course administration. If the full payment plan is not completed for any reason, participant will immediately lose access to all course materials and the private Facebook page. Course refunds are provided only within the first seven days in which a participant receives access to the content. After a participant has had access to the content for eight days or more, refunds are not available.
Dr. Jody Stanislaw and Gary Scheiner reserve the right to refuse continued access to the private Facebook group to anyone based on ethical and sound business practices.
By using this course, you signify your consent to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not purchase or engage in any aspect of this course.
Your access to and use of this course, as well as all related websites operated by Dr. Jody Stanislaw and The 5 Essentials for Thriving with Type 1 Diabetes™ (which includes https://thriving-with-t1d.thinkific.com/, among others, collectively the “Site”) is subject to the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the Terms and Conditions and acknowledge that any other agreements between you and the Site are superseded and of no force or effect:
2. All Content, such as text, data, graphics files, videos and sound files, and other materials contained in the Site, are copyrighted unless otherwise noted and are the property of the Company and/or a supplier to the Company. No such materials may be used except as provided in these Terms and Conditions.
4. While the Company uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information in the Site, the Company makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. The Company assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site.
The contents of the Site, such as text, graphics, images, videos and other Content are for informational purposes only. Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of Content on the Site.
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. The Company does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, or opinions.
5. When you register with the Company and/or this Site, you expressly consent to receive any notices, announcements, agreements, disclosures, reports, documents, communications concerning new products or services, or other records or correspondence from the Company. You consent to receive notices electronically by way of transmitting the notice to you by email.
6. If you send comments or suggestions about the Site to the Company, including, but not limited to, notes, text, drawings, images, designs or computer programs, such submissions shall become, and shall remain, the sole property of the Company. No submission shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of the Company. The Company shall exclusively own all rights to (including intellectual property rights thereto), and shall be entitled to unrestricted use, publication, and dissemination as to all such submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise without any acknowledgment or compensation to you.
7. The Company shall use commercially reasonable efforts to restrict unauthorized access to our data and files. However no system whether or not password protected can be entirely impenetrable. You acknowledge that it may be possible for an unauthorized third party to access, view, copy, modify, or distribute the data and files you store using the Site. Use of the Site is completely at your own risk.
9. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR MAINTAINING THE SITE AND/OR ANY CONTENT ON THE SITE SHALL BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL CONTENT ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IN THE SITE, THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF SUCH MATERIALS, THE SUITABILITY OF SUCH MATERIALS FOR ANY USER’S NEEDS OR THE LIKELIHOOD THAT THEIR USE WILL MEET ANY USER’S EXPECTATIONS, OR THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR CORRECTION. THE COMPANY LIKEWISE DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES THAT YOU WILL EARN ANY MONEY USING THE SITE OR THE COMPANY’S TECHNOLOGY OR SERVICES. YOU ACCEPT ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR EVALUATING YOUR OWN EARNING POTENTIAL AS WELL AS EXECUTING YOUR OWN BUSINESS AND SERVICES. YOUR EARNING POTENTIAL IS ENTIRELY DEPENDENT ON YOUR OWN PRODUCTS, IDEAS, TECHNIQUES; YOUR EXECUTION OF YOUR BUSINESS PLAN; THE TIME YOU DEVOTE TO THE PROGRAM, IDEAS AND TECHNIQUES OFFERED AND UTILIZED; AS WELL AS YOUR FINANCES, YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND YOUR SKILL. SINCE THESE FACTORS DIFFER AMONG ALL INDIVIDUALS, THE COMPANY CANNOT AND DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES REGARDING YOUR SUCCESS OR INCOME LEVEL. THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT USE OF THE MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE, THE CONTENT, AND/OR THE MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE ARE FREE FROM BUGS OR VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY REPAIRS OR CORRECTIONS. THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PERFORMANCE OR SERVICE PROBLEMS CAUSED BY ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE OR THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER. ANY SUCH PROBLEM SHALL BE GOVERNED SOLELY BY THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND THAT PROVIDER. Please note that the applicable jurisdiction may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties. Some of the above exclusions may thus not apply to you.
11. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, RELIANCE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGE OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, EQUIPMENT, INFORMATION OR DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE OR GOODWILL, COST OF CAPITAL, COST OF REPLACEMENT SERVICES, OR CLAIMS FOR SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS OR TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS, OCCASIONED BY ANY DEFECT IN THE SITE, THE CONTENT, AND/OR RELATED MATERIALS, THE INABILITY TO USE SERVICES PROVIDED HEREUNDER OR ANY OTHER CAUSE WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT THERETO, REGARDLESS OF THEORY OF LIABILITY. THIS LIMITATION WILL APPLY EVEN IF THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OR IS AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
12. You agree to indemnify and hold the Company and each of its directors, officers employees, and agents, harmless from any and all liabilities, claims, damages and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or relating to (i) your breach of this Agreement, (ii) any violation by you of law or the rights of any third party, (iii) any materials, information, works and/or other content of whatever nature or media that you post or share on or through the Site, (iv) your use of the Site or any services that the Company may provide via the Site, and (v) your conduct in connection with the Site or the services or with other users of the Site or the services. The Company reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this Section. In such event, you shall provide the Company with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by the Company.
13. Refunds for programs purchased are available for 30 days from date of purchase, less coaching fees. Due to the nature of the content provided, after the initial 30 day period, refunds are not available. Programs can be “frozen” for a maximum of two months at the discretion of the Company. For group programs, enrollment may be “rolled over” to the next start date with permission from the Company.
14. The provisions of these Terms and Conditions are for the benefit of the Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates and its third party content providers and licensors, and each shall have the right to assert and enforce such provisions directly or on its own behalf.
15. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You further submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in Blaine County, Idaho. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Information provided in this email is for informational purposes only. This information is NOT intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your physician or other healthcare provider. Do not use the information provided in this email for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing medication or other treatment. Always speak with your physician or other health care provider before making any changes to your healthcare treatment plan, taking any medication or nutritional, herbal or homeopathic supplement, or using any other new treatment for a health problem. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, contact your healthcare provider promptly. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking professional assistance because of something you’ve read in this email. Information provided in this email and the use of any product or services related to this email DOES NOT create a doctor-patient relationship between you and Jody Stanislaw, ND. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements that Dr. Stanislaw may recommend have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.